Wednesday 6 April 2016

Week ending 3/4/16

On Monday me, my dad,ed and Jim did a loop that we call the chicken farm loop which has a lot of hard hills on it.
Tuesday was the last but I think the hardest session in rugby because it was people have five minutes and they chose in pares what we're going to do.
I did a all day session at mallory with dean Hughes which wasn't the hardest one I've ever done but it was good to practice cornering and things like that and it was good because I wasn't feeling my best.
On Thursday me, Max and Ed did the Flanders roller session but we didn't really do it we just rode to it because we couldn't be bothered with showers after.
On Friday we did a tour of the roubaix velodrome, showers and new velodrome.
We set of from the hotel on Saturday morning and headed towards Qubus for the start of the Flanders sportive with our numbers strapped to our handlebars. The first climb was the koppenburg which was like an ice rink no-one got up it on there bike. That was followed by a 2.2 km cobble sector, then there was five more climbs three of which were cobbled with one more cobble sector in the middle of them. Then it was the last two climbs the Oude kwaremont and the paterburg both really different in style. The kwaremont was my favourite I attacked leading up to it and they cought me just after the cobbles started from then I just had to pace it and try and avoid people, then the paterburg which is 400m long but 22% and I think this was the one I went up best. I was scared in a way looking across at the paterburg and seeing from the side how steep it was. I got it into one of my littlest gears I had and when we turned onto it I went for it and hoped I could hang on.
Sunday we went to the kwaremont and stood there for about 6 hours only moving to get free stuff like chairs and hats. When the race came through it was the men I took the first time around to get photos next it was the women and because they only came through once I had to hold my phone, shout and wave a flag. The men came through the next time around and it was starting to kick of a bit, the last time around the race was in pieces and cancellara made his move right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment