Wednesday 6 April 2016

Milton Keynes 26/3/16

It was another late start at Milton Keynes so I could have a sleep in, I'd got all my stuff ready the night before so I just had to get my kit on and go. We got to the circuit in lots of time for the race and I started warming up about 45 minutes before the start and did some 10 on/50 off then 10 on/20 off then one 1 minute effort. On the start line I was feeling confident and a bit pressured because in the u14 race the team had won both boys and girls races. I got a good start and followed it through with a semi attack then a big attack went up the inside and I jumped straight on it, I set a fast tempo up the hill to stop attacks and on the downhill the same person attacked and this time someone went with him and I couldn't pull them back. When it went I knew I wouldn't be able to close it alone and I tried to get the group to work and they did but I was to late and they had already won the race. With one lap to go I fell to the back of the group which ment in the sprint I had to go round the long way and it didn't help them being four wide, when I properly kicked one person saw my and because they were on the inside they got away from me and I was challenged a it but I just sped up a little bit and that was enough for 4th overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment