Monday 1 February 2016

Saturday 23rd club event

On Saturday we all went to middle bike fit to do lots of different things including getting the team kit and hoodies and getting a 30 minute bike fit from Dan who rides for the adult racing section himself. At the start we all sat down and went threw a slide show about the academy and its expectations, then we got the kit and hoodies.I had the bike fit first so I went to put the kit on and get my bike so we could put it in the turbo where the bike fit was. we made a few changes to the saddle height and handlebar position but no major problems. Then I had practicals with Jim where we realigned the gears and swapped an innertube. Third I had and discussion with Geoff about my plans for the year and how we can achieve the goals I set out in November to December time and I'm ok with others seeing those plans. Next I had photos taken on the bike in racing kit that was made by VELOTECH, off the bike in racing kit and off the bike in the hoodies given to us by BFM. After that we had a lunch break where we went through a bit more of the slideshow. Later we went back to our activities were me and Jack Brough did another practical focusing more on the gear realignment than the innertube changing. Then me, Owen and max did a tactical skill session with Geoff and we watched videos of spring classics and one day races where good and bad tactics were shown by the best riders and teams in the world. The penultimate rotation was a practical again and this time there was a lot of us doing it so we got into pairs and did an innertube changing race. Finally we did the last bit of the slideshow, collect our goody bag put together by Geoff and Mick so thank you to them and also thank you to Dan for giving us all a free bike fit and letting us use your workshop for the whole day. Thank you to my dad for organising this as well and thank you to Jim for doing the practicals and to Caroline Mansfield after Neil was ill on the day she filled in for what Neil was meant to do.
     Thank you to all the supporters of this MI racing academy for making this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment