Saturday 20 February 2016

Week ending 20/2/16

TThis week is all about the track race on Sunday.
On Monday I did about 3.5 hours on my mini bike just mucking around and having fun. Then I did some gym exercises in the evening.
Tuesday I was in Leicester for the later part of the day but got back in time to go to rugby to do the roller session which I did on my track bike this week.
My mum allowed me to ride my mini bike in the house on Wednesday and I put drops on it!
On Thursday I did my last hard roller session of the week. I did 4 ten second sprints every minute. Then I did 4 thirty second efforts every 2.5 minutes then repeated the first set and got up to 39.8 mph.
We had a big mechanical issue on Friday with my mums bike because her rear derailleur fell of but luckily we where only about 400m from the best cafe that I've ever been to. We where there for an hour before my dad brought my mums other bike so we could ride home.
Saturday was all about preparing for my first race of the season. I had a lie in until 12:00 then I went on my rollers at half past and did fast pedalling and skill based effort to get me in good shape for Sunday. Then I cleaned my bike and got my bag packed before going to bed at 9 PM.
On Sunday I woke up at 6:45 had some porridge then we set off to the track and we got to the track at 8 so I could get ready for the race. In the race I was top five or six in every race apart from one where I was second. I felt it could have gone a little bit better but overall pretty pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment