Wednesday 9 March 2016

First race of the season

I woke up on Saturday morning at 8:30 then had breakfast at 9. The race was a late start, it was 3:45 which is a time that I don't like for racing because I prefer to race in the morning so I don't have time to think about the race until I'm at the circuit. We left the house at 11:50 to pick Jim and Ed woodward up and be able to see the under 16 race. We arrived at the track at 1:20 so I went to sign on and get my number. I started preparing for the race at 1:50 and went for a few laps in between each race. The warm up was 5 minutes fast pedalling then 5x6 second sprints then ten minutes fast pedalling then 5x6 second sprints then race cadence for the rest of the time. When I was on the start line I took one drink then gave my bottle to my dad, I was on the second row but it was a neutralised start so I could get a good position anyway. The race started furiously with lots of attacks but they were pulled back immediately, the good attacks came on the hill and there was at least two attacks every time up there. It came down to a bunch sprint on the hill. I got a good position into the hill but I was shocked by how early they started, then I got boxed in and had to get out quickly I really started sprinting with 150m to go and just got 11th by half a wheel over one of my main rivals from 2014 Ruben snelson. I was pretty pleased with my race, I felt my strength was very good but fitness no quite there.

No comments:

Post a Comment