Wednesday 23 March 2016

Milton Keynes 19/3/16

We turned up to the race later than planed because of traffic but I went and got signed on and gears checked. I did a good warm up and a few laps of the course so I could properly look at it. On the start line I had a set plan and I did that really well, we started with a rolling start behind a car and I got tucked up right behind it, then it pulled away and I attacked to get things spread out. On lap three there was a very vicious attack and I lost position but managed to get back to the front before the attacks on the hill started coming. With two laps to go there was another big attack and I didn't sprint to hold position so i got swamped and that's when thing started to go bad, with one to go I was scrambling to get to the front and managed it but I was pretty tired. Coming onto the hill I was in about sixth position which was to far back and when the kick went I couldn't keep that position so I was in twelfth coming into the last fifty metres but just managed to sneak around one to get 10th overall but 8th boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment